Tura Satana appreciation post. here’s what u need to know:
- born in 1938 and died in 2011
- her parents were a silent movie actor and a circus performer
- she was gang-raped by five men when she was ten. they were never prosecuted and it was rumoured that the judge was paid off.
- this prompted her to train in various martial arts (such as aikido and karate)
- over the next 15 years, she hunted down each of her rapists and exacted revenge against them. they never even knew who she was until she told them
- at the same time, she formed an all-woman gang called “the angeles”
- "we had leather motorcycle jackets, jeans and boots and we kicked butt."
- moved to los angeles when she was 15 and supported herself
- dated elvis presley and turned down a marriage proposal from him
- her most famous film role was in 1965, as varla, a “very aggressive and sexual female character”, in faster, pussycat! kill! kill! (a film that was “an ode to female violence”)
- Tura was responsible for her own costume, makeup, use of martial arts, and much of her dialouge. she also performed all her own stunts and fight scenes
- was known for not taking shit from anyone. russ meyer, the director for faster, pussycat! kill!, said of her “[tura was] extremely capable. she knew how to handle herself. don’t fuck with her! and if you have to fuck her, do it well! she might turn on you!”
I don’t think you understand how extremely and utterly captivating you are. Your face, your eyes, your mouth, your nose, your creases on the side of your lips or at your eyes, they all make up the most beautiful creature I have ever viewed in my life.
I could sit and ponder for the rest of my life and try to think of reasons that have allowed me the privilege to even be noticed by you. Let alone letting the words fall out of my mouth that your are mine or that I am yours.
You are so breathtaking, it can make anyone stop to sight the most bewildering person in the all of humanity.
I have never been so intensively in love with someone before and I would never alter or exchange this love for absolutely anything.
I love you.For you, my love.”
And his contagious laughter .
There was something about the way his eyes gleamed when he talked about something he loved .
There has always been something about him that lured me .
Something enticing .
And that made me fall in love with him .”